There is strong and consistent demand for home crafting, sewing, quilting and hobby workspaces. Our site and niche have capitalized on this. We sell craft tables, sewing/quilting tables, drawing/drafting tables, seating, shelving and storage units. It is an underserved area with an established customer base and great upside potential. It's also a rewarding space as many of our customers are late middle age to older women who love their hobby and love sharing stories about how they utilize our products.
Our model is 100% drop ship and served by US based suppliers with whom we enjoy great relationships. We would work with any new owner to ensure a smooth handoff and through communication between our suppliers and the new owner(s). Additionally as a new owner you will have full access to me for a full month, or longer if necessary, during which time I will provide documentation and verbal support. It's a very simple model and I feel ramp up time will be minimal.
Financials and traffic
We achieve an average gross margin of 25% before online advertising, app fees and Shopify hosting costs. Advertising costs have varied from month to month as we've tested different campaigns and combinations.
Average overall profit margin
Average number of sales/month
Total revenue for last 12 months
Total traffic for last 12 months
Revenue includes sales until the end of last month and is calculated from Exchange’s eligible payment providers. Total traffic comes from all data available to Shopify.
There is a great foundation laid. By being taken to the next level we are confident the site will flourish.
How can the future owner improve the business?
Value Add Opportunities:
• Improve upon current online advertising efforts. Currently we run only Google Adwords campaigns. There is room for optimization with Google, as well as adding Blig and/or other online marketing channels.
• SEO - We've done virtually no search engine optimization. This is an area that could lead to significant bottom line improvement.
• Social Media - Our social media efforts have been minimal. Great potential to grow engagement and add platforms.
• Influencer Marketing - Reaching out to bloggers and other social influencers has great potential in our niche.
• Site Design - There could be a benefit to adding additional graphic elements to the site.
• Add products / suppliers - as with any site, there is opportunity to add new products and test new categories.