Writes blog posts for the site. Can share details with you if required. Would recommend you continue with a blog section.
If you are driven to succeed and capture a slice of the fashion dropshipping market, then you should consider this store.
The foundation for a professional-running store has been built and what is now required is for someone to take the store to the next level through a co-ordinated digital marketing strategy.
The key drivers of success with this store will be:
- Identify product winners and scale these products further through advertising and moving to self-fulfillment rather than dropshipping popular items.
- Upsell with related items to increase order value (e.g. someone buys bikini, upsell them sunglasses)
- Provide value to customers (increase life time value) / non-customers (attract new audiences) through content marketing and building the brand. Don't always flood your audiences and customers with 'SELL SELL SELL!' type messages
- Offer premium customer service. Many stores in this area lack this. Think about the post-purchase service you receive from the top e-commerce platforms you buy from. Learn from them and replicate it yourself. Invest in the life time value of the customer as life time value will truly bring value to the business.
Personal key factors:
1. Your willingness to learn - constantly try to educate yourself on emerging trends, best practices for e-commerce by reading blogs, watching videos and attending mastermind conferences.
2. Relentless drive - Whilst almost anyone can purchase this store and succeed profitably, it will truly take someone with a strong 'no excuses' drive to build this in to a massive business. If you want freedom from this rat race, '9-5' lifestyle and provide a better life for those around you, take a leap because it is possible. But just know that no matter what it won't come easy and you will need to push through all future obstacles to obtain it. However, you can give yourself the best chance by investing in the right foundation for your store.
Here are my recommendations:
a) Immediate drivers of traffic:
1. Invest in Facebook advertising (ideally hire an experienced freelancer on Upwork if you are new / pay for a Facebook advertising course)
2. Invest in Google Shopping / Adwords
b) Content marketing & influencers (provide value to audiences, turn cold audiences to warm/hot to trigger sales)
- Use BuzzSumo to identify highly shared / engaged content to reproduce
- Incorporate this in to your paid-traffic funnel (e.g. serve ads providing value, after you find visitors who engage with your content and are warmed up to the brand, go in for the sale with a final ad)
- Identify brand ambassadors and promote content & promotions
- Be active on social media by engaging with followers through regular content, promotions and competitions
I've already set up an app (ReferralCandy) to ask customers to share the site with their friends to encourage further sales. However, this is unlikely to succeed on its own. You will need to take this app further by building a post-purchase Facebook ad funnel (multiple step ads which provide value, ask for reviews, referrals etc)
- Print on Demand services (simply upload a pattern to create a unique swim suit that is processed and shipped automatically by the print on demand service)
- Expand to other beach-related items, such as hats and sandals.
- Move from dropshipping model -> holding inventory for each winning product that is identified. This ensures you have greater control of logistics + smoother/faster experience for customer
- Invest time in Zipify OneClickUpsell app (basic upsell already created by myself). Acquiring another sale from an existing customer is easier & cheaper than acquiring a 1st sale from a new customer.
Overall I have built a very strong foundation for someone who has that entreprenurial mindset to take the store to the next level.
- Built a professional store unlike most dropshipping stores
- Uploaded almost 200 products, ensuring:
a) Professional images are used / resized / edited
b) Unique, ASOS/ZARA style descriptions
c) Identified correct sizing for each product (contacted each supplier to update their product sizing info if it seemed incorrect / information missing)
- Accrued a relevant Instagram following by following competitor followers (70% of followers) & running test Facebook ads (30% of followers)
- Integrated a track your order solution
- Thoughtfully considered the shipping and returns policy
- Started a relevant blog
- ...This section is to be completed.
The store also contains two premium templates (Retina $180) and (Turbo $350). Currently using Turbo.