Honeybell Waterwear - Womens Sun Protection Clothing
What is Honeybell Waterwear?...
Honeybell Waterwear is a boutique sun protection clothing label for women that is redefining sun protection for women, with fashion-focused UPF50+ “rash guard” designs. We offer a stylish feminine alternative to unflattering and unfashionable surf-branded rash guards (or rash vests or ‘rashies’ depending where you are from!). All Honeybell Waterwear garments are made in a breathable fabric that is certified as providing UPF 50+ protection, that blocks 98% of the sun’s damaging UVA/UVB rays. The collection features 100% exclusive modern Australiana prints in lightweight, quick-drying materials designed to provide a feminine fit that drapes women’s body shape and leaves her feeling comfortable, confident, beautiful and protected.
History of the business...
A family beach holiday in early 2015 proved to be life changing. I realised how much effort I was putting into keeping my children safe from the sun, yet how little effort I put into protecting my own skin. I tried to find a rash vest I thought was flattering and fashionable, but couldn’t find anything that I felt beautiful or confident wearing. The experience got me thinking; if wearing a rashie is making me feel body and fashion conscious, then other women are probably feeling that way too. From this came the idea for my sun safe clothing line for women. After identifying a gap in the market, I began researching, networking and learning and in September 2016 I launched the Honeybell Waterwear ecommerce store.
• Since launching I’ve built a small but strong and engaged Instagram (3,400) and Facebook (1,700) community.
• Awarded a 2017 Gold Stevie Award in the 14th Annual International Business Awards for Startup of the Year - Consumer Products Industries
• recognised as an elite Australian small business winning a 2017 Australian Small Business Champions award winner for best New Business
• finalist for a Monash Business Award in the micro category, finalist for the AusMumpreneur Awards for Product Innovative Award and finalist in the Motivating Mum Brilliant Biz Mum Awards, for Best Innovative Product
• our referral program achieves a referral rate 5 times higher than the industry average.
• 23% of our customers have provided a written review, compared to an industry average of less than 5%. We have not paid for any reviews.
• Average 5-star rating (out of 5 stars) from our customer reviews.
• We advocate for sun safety and have been featured in over 50 local, national and international publications and blogs , including: Australian Mum, Mouths of Mums, Mums Grapevine, Kid Magazine, Families Magazine, and Your Child Magazine to name a few.
What you’ll receive when you buy Honeybell Waterwear....
• Logo and branding assets – Ownership of the logo, name, and brand style guide all provided.
• Trademark (in Australia) – Trademark No. 1751203 for Honeybell for Beach clothing; Sun hats; Beach hats; Apparel (clothing, footwear, headgear); Articles of water- resistant clothing; Clothing; Clothing for sports; Clothing for swimming; Water-resistant clothing; Beach clothes; Beach dresses; Beach robes; Beach wraps; Beachwear; Sun visors (headwear); Swim briefs; Swimming costumes; Swimming robes; Swimming shorts; Swimming suits; Swimsuits; Swimwear being goods/services in Class 25.
• Physical inventory – A$15,000 at cost inventory included (stock levels will understandably change depending on sales since listing). Cost of shipping physical inventory not included in the agreed purchase price.
• Domain – www.honeybell.love
• Contact list – I will provide a full list of contacts, including: • Manufacturing agent • Pattern grader • Fashion Designer • Pattern maker • Print Designer • Photographer • Apps, software and all service providers used
• Silicon Necklace – 25 x Geo silicon necklaces (RRP$24.95) to be used as a giveaway or complimentary gift with purchase.
• Email subscribers – 1,583 unique active subscribers with a 24% open rate and a 5% click through rate
• Email automation workflow – prospective customers who subscribe to my email list are placed on an automation workflow to receive a series of welcome emails. I will share this welcome series emails.
• Instagram – 3,400 engaged Instagram real followers being 89% women aged 25-34 years old from Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
• Facebook page – 1,700 followers being 97% women, 47% aged between 35-44 years, and95% from Australia
• Facebook ads – I will provide the images, copy and audiences used during my latest highly converting Facebook ad campaign
• Product Photos – All professional photos that appear on the Honeybell.love website and Instagram will be included. This includes the ecommerce photos, social and banner images. Any photos taken by an influencer can be used provided you request permission before doing so and tag them appropriately.
• Personal support after sale - I will personally help you get the store up and running, explain to you my customer service policies and processes and all the tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way. The store uses the Shopify ‘Testament’ theme by Underground Media (cost US$140). My husband has customised a variety of pages, layouts etc. He will provide up to 5 hours of services to make any modifications you may want.
Why am I selling!?...
I’ve loved creating the Honeybell Waterwear brand and running the ecommerce website – it has truly been my passion and focus for the past 18 months. However my focus needs to be with my young family at this time. I’d love to see the Honeybell Waterwear live on with another passionate owner.
You'll notice most stores listed on Exchange are asking 1-2 times their previous 12 months revenues. I've priced Honeybell Waterwear to sell quickly.
Financials and traffic
Revenue includes sales until the end of last month and is calculated from Exchange’s eligible payment providers. Total traffic comes from all data available to Shopify.
What’s included in the sale
+ 9 more...