It is a low maintenance, highly profitable store.
Put more time into it. I haven't changed the Adwords targeting in over a year and have only been placing Adwords campaigns in Canada. Targeting US consumers on Adwords could be highly profitable (my efforts have gone into other ventures).
Three Shopify Stores:
- Custom Wholesale (B2B) website; https://business.northernlayer.ca/ This site is locked and enforces customers to apply with an account. Once the customer applies, it will show up in Shopify's back-end. You have the ability to approve the client on three different pricing tiers. Whatever tier you approve them at will be the pricing reflected on the site when they log-in. This site has the same products as our retail site, but is structure in a wholesale format and allows customers to upload logos and request custom embroidery/screen printing.
- Custom Canadian retail website; www.northernlayer.ca. This site is our basic retail site for Canadian customers.
- Custom US retail website; www.northernlayer.com. This site is our basic retail site for US customers.
Custom Product & Inventory API:
- We built a custom API through Digital Ocean and our supplier. This API uploads product information everyday around 7PM. Product information uploads: New products, sizes, quantities, etc.
Custom Application for B2B Clients:
- Custom built log in and front end where customers can apply to access our B2B site. They are only provided access upon us reviewing their application in Shopify and tagging the customer with a pricing tier (20, 25 or 30% off).
- B2B Site: Automated email information based on the tiered discount customer tagging in Shopify. This creates a customer journey and marketing touch-points to show the customer how to use our B2B portal.
- Retail Sites: Basic email automation. Follow up on orders, discounts, review requests, etc.
- Quickbooks is our accounting application which auto updates nightly. All sales, credits, etc from the store is input into Quickbooks for review and acceptance. This automation eliminates the hassle of having to do it yourself.
Google Analytics, Search Console, SEO, etc
- Set up the store on Analytics and Search console to get the site listed and ranked within Google. Improved SEO.
- Huge inventory of products listed in the website with automated inventories and uploads. The sale of this store includes the dealer accounts (Canadian and US) to our supplier.