Second Thread is an online womenswear clothing store, selling unique brands with a focus on quality, fit and fabrics. What makes Second Thread different is the emphasis on quality and the brand message of being confident and unique in your own style.
Second Thread's story began in 2015, stocking wholesale items and handmade clothes. I began Second Thread to encourage women to be confident and unique in their style, investing in their pieces, rather than buying throw away fashion which is so saturated in the market at the moment. I grew the stores following through promoting this message and selling high quality garments. The store has become a destination for our customers to find investment pieces and discover new and upcoming brands with this focus on quality.
Fast forward to 2016 and after months of hard work, tradeshow visits and pitches, I secured my first brand for the website, Lavish Alice. I developed countless new relationships from this point with agencies and reputable brands such as Motel, Stay Sunny Chicago, Neon Rose, House Of Sunny, The Fifth Label, Goldie, Wyldr, Lola May and more. The brand built further from here and 2017-2018 saw amazing growth in all aspects of the business:
733% increase in revenue 423% increase of email list subscribers Increase in Instagram impressions to 11k per week Increase in conversion rate from initial 0.24% to 2.10% average
Our customer service sets us apart from competitors, with added touches such as handwritten notes and gift wrapped items in orders, which is why customer satisfaction is so high. We have 90% 5 star reviews on Trustpilot (the other 10% are 4 star).
With a well established following and customer base, Second Thread has the potential to continue this rate of growth and to increase both the inventory stocked and profits gained. I have worked with many top influencers to promote the website via blogs and social media. Steady growth rocketed in 2017-2018 bringing the total social following across platforms to just under 11k. Second Thread currently has a following on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Polyvore. I also have a Youtube channel which hasn’t being utilised to it’s full potential, which could massively increase followers too.
The website is custom built with an easy to work back end, for updating both the desktop and mobile versions of the website. The separate customisation makes the different devise views optimised for ease of use for customer navigation.
My reason for selling Second Thread is that it needs investment and time that I no longer can contribute to it's success. Due to my current situation, I am unable to invest the money that is required to continue the business.
Financials and traffic
|Subscriptions (ie. Mailchimp, apps)||
|Advertising (ie. Adwords, Facebook ads, etc.)||
|Employees (Including contractors and freelancers)||
Sales and marketing
Online selling methods
What’s included in the sale
+ 20 more...